GIKI is one of the most prestigious university in Pakistan. Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology (GIK) is a private university in Topi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, HEC ranks GIK among the top universities in Pakistan.
Here are the most important things you need to know if you are applying for an admission in GIKI.
• Faculty of Engineering Sciences
• Faculty of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
• Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
• Faculty of Material Sciences and Chemical Engineering
• Faculty of Management Sciences and Humanities
Admission starts in mid-April each year and ends by mid-August.
Apply Online for GIKI Admissions
• You can apply online at GIKI website: http://admissions.giki.edu.pk
• Login, fill in and submit online application form.
• Upload recent color photograph. (Blue Background)
• Optionally apply online for scholarship or loan.
After that registration amount can be paid to any HBL branch, following which you will be allotted an admit card which you can print and take on the day of the exam.
• Let’s talk about the eligibility now. For Engineering & Computer Science Programs, the candidates should have one of these:
• HSSC (Pre-Engineering, i.e., Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry), 60% or above marks in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
• HSSC (Pre-Medical) with Additional Mathematics, 60% or above marks in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
• A-Levels in three subjects Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry with D or above in Mathematics & Physics. Note that Pakistanis should have 8 O-levels (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science, Urdu, Islamic Studies & Pakistan Studies). But if the applicant is applying from abroad, they need 5 O-levels with 60% or above marks as per the IBCC equivalence formula.
• If candidates have an American or Canadian High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma, they need Mathematics (with Calculus) for sure. Also, with Physics and chemistry, they need 60% or above marks, as per IBCC equivalence formula, in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
The overseas applicants have the following options:
• To take Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT-II) in Physics and Mathematics (Math IIC) in place of Institute’s Admission test.
• GIK Institute admission test or SAT-II
Acceptance of request for transfer will depend on availability of seats, and the quality of academic work already done by the applicant.
To send your SAT-II Score, use GIK Institute’s registered Institute Code: 0096