International Students Can Get A Work Permit in Canada As Courses Go Online

International Students Can Get A Work Permit in Canada As Courses Go Online

Since universities in Canada have shifted to online learning thanks to the present COVID-19 pandemic, the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) have changed the wants for international students applying for a Post-Graduation Working Permit (PGWP).

According to Canada Immigration News (CIC), international students starting their program at a Canadian university via online coursework won’t be penalized once they apply for the PGWP after completing their studies.

Prior to the pandemic, students won’t be ineligible for the working papers if they studied online and weren’t enrolled during a full-time program for a minimum of eight months.

Malala Yousafzai encourages students at #Graduation2020

The Canadian government has stated that despite travel bans, they’re still allowing international students to enter Canada to start their studies, provided they self-quarantine for 14 days upon entry. However, many international students are still unable to do so because of travel restrictions in their home countries.

These students can still start their courses virtually from wherever they’re and can still be eligible to use for the PGWP. They will also complete up to half their program from outside Canada if they’re unable to visit Canada anytime sooner.

This will come as welcome news to international students worried about applying for the PGWP but haven’t any choice but to require online classes.

Canada is one of the top countries for international students thanks to its immigration pathways and welcoming attitude to international students and migrants.

Best 10 Universities of Pakistan – Top Ranked

According to CIC, one-quarter of the nearly 90,000 people that applied under Express Entry for immigration were international student graduates.

Express Entry is that the application process for skilled immigrants (like international students) who are looking to settle in Canada permanently, done through a web system.