Prime minister’s special assistant Dr. Sania Nishtar in a statement on Monday said that the Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Online Portal has been opened for the academic year 2020-21.
The program entails that Students studying in undergraduate programs at 119 public sector universities across the country can apply for scholarships.
“This is the largest need-based scholarship programme that will give opportunities for children from low-income families to pursue higher education”, Nashtar added.
She said the total budget for the programme is Rs 24 billion. The undergraduate scholarships, worth a total of Rs 4.827 billion, were distributed among students in the academic year 2019-20, Dr. Nishtar added.
Nishtar informed that a total of 132,192 applications were received through the online portal of the Higher Education Commission for the year 2019-20.
The program is overseen by the Ehsaas Scholarship Steering Committee, Dr Nishtar added.
Under this program, every year, 50,000 students from low-income families will be awarded scholarships for 4 to 5-year undergraduate degree programs.
Scholarships will cover 100% of the tuition fee and a living stipend of 4,000 per month.
The geographical spread of the program covers all four provinces, Azad Kashmir, and Gilgit-Baltistan.
The four-year program is expected to benefit 200,000 students.
Fifty percent of the scholarships are for girls and two percent for students with disabilities.
How to Apply:
Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship 2020-21 phase-2 shall start after 5 September, 2020.
Students will be able to submit the scholarship applications through HEC portal.
Click Here! to visit HEC Official Website to Submit ‘Ehsaas Scholarship’ application.
Application form can be submitted to the respective university’s financial aid office.
Scholarships are offered for:
• Newly admitted students.
• Admissions secured on merit only. Merit means that the student has fulfilled the admission criteria of the institution in which he/she intends to study.
• Degree programs allowed by the HEC.
• Age limit set by institution’s regulations, i.e., the maximum age of the eligibility for the scholarship is the same as the maximum age for applying for admission in undergraduate programs at the HEI.
The following documents will be required for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship 2020:
• CNIC copy of (Father, Mother/ Guardian)
• Applicant CNIC / B. Form copy
• If the father is a Laborer on a daily wage/shopkeeper or doing the private job, you need to attach the undertaking of income certificate minimum amount of stamp paper of Rs. 50/-
• Income Certificate / Salary Slip (Father/Guardian, Mother)
• Fee Receipts copies of Applicant and Siblings (If applicable)
• Rented house, Rent Agreement Copy.
• Copies of last Six-Month Utility Bills (Electricity, Gas, Telephone, Water) – (If appropriate)
• Copies of expenditure / Medical bills related documents (if applicable)
• x1 Picture of House from outside Front.
• x1 Passport Size Applicant photograph.
A student is ineligible for the scholarship if found
• Availing any other scholarship or continuous grant
• Enrolled in distant learning programs and affiliated colleges (both public/private )
• Secured admission on self-sustain/ self-support/ self-finance basis, or in evening programs with higher fee structures