It’s a known fact that downloading games to a PlayStation 5 (PS5) device can take a while, and can several times you feel hectic. Fortunately, you can start the process and start the download process using the PlayStation smartphone app. Here’s how you can download PS5 Games from phone.
Connect your PS5 to the PlayStation app:
- Before you can do anything with your game downloads, make sure your PS5 console is linked to the PlayStation app.
- To do this, open the application on iPhone or iPad or Android.
- Then go to the settings menu. You can access it by tapping the gear icon on the app’s home screen.
- Then scroll down to “Console management” Select “Connect console to app”.
A list of controllers will be loaded, showing all PlayStation you are connected to.
- As long as you’re signed in to your console and the app with the same PlayStation and PS5 account is running, it should appear in the console list. Make sure to select it from the list.
Configure your PS5:
- You’ll need to enable a setting on the PS5 itself to control it through the app when it’s in rest mode.
- Go to the Settings menu (by selecting the gear icon in the top right corner of the PS5 home screen), then scroll down to System.
- From there, navigate to “Power saving” and select “Features available in rest mode” from the sub-menu.
- Toggle the “ Stay connected to the internet ” option . This will allow your PS5 to update automatically while in sleep mode.
- There is also a second switch called “ Enable waking up PS5 from network ”, which will let you to play your PS5 using the app.
Download games from the app:
Once you’ve linked your console and changed your PlayStation 5 settings, open the PlayStation mobile app on your smartphone or tablet and navigate to your games library. It’s the second tab from the bottom right of the application.
In your game library, select the game you want to download. If you don’t see it in the list of recently played games, go to “Purchased”, which automatically sorts your library alphabetically.
Once you’ve selected a game, you’ll see a ” Download to console ” option . Just below that, you’ll see the console associated with the app.
Hit the “Upload to Console“ button , and you’ll see the upload progress in the queue.
From here, you can only allow the game to download. You will receive a notification when you are ready to play on your PlayStation 5. We hope this article is helpful for you on how to do it.