Elon Musk’s Starlink, a satellite broadband provider, has reportedly registered to operate and offer internet services in Pakistan. Ryan Goodnight, Director of Global Licensing and Market Activation at SpaceX, met with Syed Amin-ul-Haq, Pakistan’s Federal Minister of Information Technology and Telecommunication, to discuss the registration process in Pakistan.
A Step Towards Affordable Internet Access in Pakistan Haq shared this update on social media, calling it a significant step towards providing the fastest and most affordable satellite internet services to Pakistan. He hopes that Starlink’s services can reduce operational costs for telecom operators and enable users in remote areas to access the internet. The Minister also stated that broadband services would be made available throughout the country at affordable tariffs.
Gratitude from Starlink for Pakistan’s IT Progress During the meeting, Starlink officials expressed gratitude to Haq and other officials for their cooperation and hailed Pakistan’s progress in the IT sector.
Starlink, known for its ambitious goal of delivering high-speed internet worldwide, has already deployed around 2,000 satellites, serving a customer base of over 10,000 in more than a dozen countries.
How to Register for Starlink in Pakistan ?
If you are interested in registering for Starlink’s satellite internet services in Pakistan, here’s what you need to do:
- Keep an eye on Starlink’s official platform i.e https://www.starlink.com/ and the official channels of Pakistan’s Federal Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication for updates on the registration process.
- While Starlink had initially asked potential subscribers to pay a refundable deposit as a pre-order for equipment/services, the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has asked officials to stop taking pre-order bookings. Be patient and wait for further instructions from Starlink or PTA on how to register.
- Only register through official channels and avoid falling for any scams or unauthorized registration portals. Official announcements will be made through credible sources, so be cautious and verify any information before proceeding with the registration process.
Benefits of Starlink in Pakistan:
The availability of Starlink’s satellite internet services in Pakistan is expected to bring several benefits, including:
- Improved Connectivity in Remote Areas: Starlink’s high-speed internet services can bridge the connectivity gap in remote and underserved areas of Pakistan, providing access to educational, business, and communication opportunities.
- Affordable Tariffs: The Minister of Information Technology and Telecommunication has promised affordable tariffs for Starlink’s broadband services in Pakistan, making it accessible to a wider population.
- Potential Cost Reduction for Telecom Operators: Starlink’s services could potentially reduce operational costs for telecom operators in Pakistan, allowing them to provide more affordable and reliable internet services to their customers.
- Technological Advancement: Starlink’s entry into the Pakistani market signifies the country’s progress in the IT sector and opens doors for technological advancements, including increased adoption of satellite-based internet services.
Conclusion Starlink’s registration to provide satellite internet services in Pakistan is a promising development that could bring high-speed internet access to remote areas and contribute to the country’s IT sector progress. Stay updated with official channels for registration instructions and take advantage of the potential benefits of Starlink’s broadband services in Pakistan.