Canada provides Pakistani students with numerous scholarships programs in prestigious universities known for offering high-quality education, making them a preferred choice for international students.
Some Canadian universities are offering tuition-free options to international students this year through their scholarship and grant programs, which are available for those seeking undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral studies abroad. Several of these programs can cover living expenses, such as the University of Toronto.
International students from Pakistan can significantly alleviate their financial burden by obtaining a fully funded scholarship. In Canada, there are numerous opportunities available for Pakistani students to secure such scholarships, and with good scores, the chances of success are high.
1 – University of British Colombia:
The University of British Columbia, commonly known as UBC, is recognized as a leading global institution for research, education, and instruction. It has earned a place among the top 20 public universities worldwide.
UBC provides need-based and merit-based scholarships to Canadian and international students, including full tuition waivers and other forms of financial assistance through its funding program.
2 – University of Toronto:
Originally established as King’s College in 1827 by royal charter, the University of Toronto is a public research institution located in Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was the first higher learning institution established in Upper Canada.
The university offers non-repayable scholarships to students based on various criteria, such as academic achievement, community involvement, athletic performance, financial need, and leadership. Additionally, the government-funded Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) provides eligible students with a mix of grants and loans.
International Students Can Get A Work Permit in Canada As Courses Go Online
3 – York University:
York University, an esteemed urban university, offers abundant opportunities to international students. The university presents a diverse range of scholarships, such as the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award for International Students and the York University Automatic Entrance Scholarships. Additionally, the university provides distinguished programs such as the Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Scholarship.
Successful applicants may also have the chance to renew their scholarships, enhancing the value of the scholarship.
How can a Pakistani Student apply for Canadian Student Visa?
To apply for a Canada Student Visa, Pakistani students will need to follow these steps:
- Choose a program and school: The first step is to decide on a program of study and find a school in Canada that offers it. Once you have chosen a school, you will need to obtain a letter of acceptance from the school.
- Gather the required documents: The documents you will need to apply for a Canadian student visa include a valid passport, letter of acceptance from a Canadian school, proof of funds to cover tuition fees and living expenses, and language proficiency test results (such as IELTS).
- Apply online: Once you have gathered all the necessary documents, you can apply online for a Canadian student visa through the Canadian government’s website.
- Pay the application fee: You will need to pay an application fee when submitting your application.
- Wait for processing: After you submit your application, you will need to wait for it to be processed. This can take several weeks or even months, depending on the volume of applications.
- Attend an interview: In some cases, you may be required to attend an interview at the Canadian embassy or consulate in Pakistan.
- Receive your visa: If your application is approved, you will receive your Canadian student visa. You will need to show this visa when you arrive in Canada.
It’s important to note that the requirements for a Canadian student visa may vary depending on your specific situation. You should consult the Canadian government’s website or a qualified immigration consultant for more information.