The 65th Miss Universe pageant was held on 30th January 3017 the Mall of Asia Arena, Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines and this time there were no major goof-ups. The host of the night, Steve Harvey made sure to announce the right name, unlike last year.
Iris Mittenaere succeeds last year’s Miss Universe, Pia Wurtzbach from Philippines. Her victory has ended Franceís 63-year drought, the longest in Miss Universe history.
Here is everything you need to know about Iris Mittenaere’s life, age, height, ambitions and future plans. Check out some of her stunning pictures from the competition and from her personal Instagram.
1. Iris Mittenaere is 24 years old, Parisian native. She stands tall at 5 ft. 8-inch height.
2. She is currently pursuing a degree in dental surgery (How sexy-nerdy is that?)
3. Iris Mittenaere is a feminist with a vote for open borders and refugee population.
4. On 19 December 2016, she was crowned Miss France by Miss France 2016.
View this post on Instagram
Hier soir j'ai rendu ma première écharpe … Non sans quelques larmes de nostalgie je l'avoue 😉 je souhaite à la nouvelle Miss Flandre @laurinemaricau d'aller le plus loin possible dans cette belle aventure ! Je serai là pour elle ❤️ Merci à vous pour votre soutien depuis le début … Depuis 1 an … Je vous aime ❤️❤️ #missfrance #picofthenight robe Odessance
5. Her Instagram handle goes by @rismittenaeremf where she shares her daily updates.
6. She marks the first European Miss Universe since 1990.
7. She was recently in UAE where she sported a hijabi look!
8. She plans on becoming a dental surgeon after graduating.
9. Iris Mittenaere wants to do a lot of charity work during her beauty reign.
10. She loves I love milk chocolate, beaches and ice cream (who doesn’t!)